Is it time?
Euthanasia is a personal decision to be made by the pet’s family, with the assistance of your veterinarian if needed. Although a difficult choice, most owners find peace in being able to ease their pet’s suffering when the quality of life has deteriorated. Our staff is here to help owners determine available options at every step of the way. These are a few of the considerations to help you decide what’s best for your pet:
- Chronic and uncontrollable pain, even with veterinarian prescribed medications.
- Lack of appetite or thirst/significant weight loss
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Lack of activity/inability to ambulate
- Loss of bodily functions.
The wisdom of the innocent
Farewell, Dear Friend
A child, after saying goodbye to his beloved friend…
“People are born so that they learn how to live a good life – like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?” The four year old continued, “Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay as long.”